Friday, April 4, 2014

mini quilts

la lune

I've finished some more mini quilts! I'm having lots of fun with these tiny things. 

treeman


This sweet, tiny quilts are completely sewn by hand using scraps of patterned fabrics and hand embroidery. My mini quilts are a labor of love, each one is unique and will never be duplicated. 

bottle of time


I've always felt that fabric art is meant to be touched, it contains so much wonderful texture. It's a warm and happy feeling to hold one of these little pieces in your hands or reach out and touch the embroidered details. Therefore, they are not framed behind glass, but simply have small loops on the back to hang them directly on the wall as is. (of course, you may frame them if you prefer. ;)

These little works of fabric art are perfect to add a handmade touch to a small arrangement of pictures on your wall, or to hang above a small shelf of treasures.


You can find these three at my shop today: www.littledear.etsy.com

xo aimee

2 comments:

  1. Each one of these is so beautiful! I agree that some things need to be held. There is something magical about fabric art, and yours look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Liza! These are fun to make. I have lots of ideas for more little art quilts. :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)